We are monitoring the high demand for CS classes for next quarter. In order for us to get a better scenario, please fill in the Survey under Resources titled "Winter 2015 Registration Query" . This survey will close soon. Please do so asap. Thank You.
- News and Announcements
Winter 2015 Registration Query
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/30/2014 [Discuss]
WINTER 2015 REGISTRATION
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/22/2014 [Discuss]
Check your GET account for your actual appointment day.
Winter 2015 (1/5/2015 - 3/21/2015)
Fee payment for registration begins: October 20, 2014
Registration begins: October 28, 2014
First day of instruction: January 5, 2015
October 28 - December 4, 2014 Undergraduates Phase 1 up to 16 units
December 5, 2015 - January 20, 2015 Undergraduates Phase 2 up to 18 units
Continuing Student Registration Start Dates:
Graduate Students: October 28, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Seniors and 2nd Bachelors (201+ units): October 29, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Seniors (168 - 200.99 units): October 30, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Seniors (135 - 167.99 units): October 31, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Juniors (116 - 134.99 units): November 3, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Juniors (90 - 115.99 units): November 4, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Sophomores (45 - 89.99 units): November 5, 2014 - January 20, 2015
Freshmen (0.1 - 44.99 units): November 6 - January 20, 2015
Freshmen (0 unit) and Transitory (BSP): November 6, 2014 - January 20, 2015
New Student Registration Start Date: December 4, 2014
Winter 2015 Registration for Graduates
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/21/2014 [Discuss]
Please see Winter 2015 Registration Survey on CSNS under Resources/Survey and fill out for classes requested Winter 2015.
Graduate Students who entered Fall 2014
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/20/2014 [Discuss]
Graduate Students who began Fall 2014 (September 2014)
The CS Department will schedule Monday December 15, for you to register in your classes for Winter 2015. Please be available during that time to come to the Department Office to speak with an advisor about which classes you will be able to enroll for Winter 2015. The Department Advisors will make class assignments for next quarter based on your final grade from your Fall prerequisite classes. You will not need to make arrangements or see the Advisor during October or November. Please wait until Monday, December 15 to register.
Complete the information below prior to seeing the Advisor in December. You will also need to bring your transcript (unofficial okay) to verify the information below.
Please see the Advisor at the time indicated below of your highest class enrolled this Fall:
CS 320: Mon. Dec. 15 -- 930-12:00 pm
CS 312: Mon. Dec. 15 –- 12 – 230 pm
CS 203: Mon. Dec. 15 -- 230-4 pm
CS 201/202: Mon. Dec. –- 4-530 pm
Based on your undergraduate transcript, state the course name for the equivalent course taken. (The equivalent CSULA courses are indicated within parenthesis).
- Discrete Mathematics/Structures (MATH248) _________________________________
- OOP programming with Java (CS201.CS202) _________________________________
- Data Structures (CS203) _________________________________
- Analysis of Algorithms (CS312) _________________________________
- Server side web programming (CS320) _________________________________
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory (CS386) _________________________________
- Software Engineering (CS437) _________________________________
- Operating Systems (CS440) _________________________________
A large programming project (CS496ABC) _________________________________
FALL 2014 TUTORING FOR CS 120, 122, 201-203
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/16/2014 [Discuss]
Beginning the week of October 20th, we will have students from the Computer Science ACM club who have volunteered their time to assist students with help in those classes mentioned. The location for this assistance will be in E&T A309/310 (small room). The times are:
Mondays 3-5 pm
Tuesday/Thursdays 130-3 pm
Wednesdays 4-5 pm
Thank you to our ACM Students!
UNDERGRADUATES - PRIORITY REGISTRATION FOR WINTER 2015 - TUESDAY OCTOBER 14 DEADLINE TO APPLY
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/14/2014 [Discuss]
UNDERGRADUATES - - FOR PRIORITY REGISTRATION, YOU MUST APPLY FOR MEP AND REQUEST PRIORITY BY TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14.
**IMPORTANT: TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION**
**WINTER 2015 PRIORITY REGISTRATION**
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE LETTER CAREFULLY
This letter is for ECST Students from all majors. The purpose of this letter is to provide you with important information concerning Priority Registration Deadlines and Requirements for WINTER 2015.
WINTER 2015 ADVISEMENT
- Advisement Hold (ADV HOLD): An ECST Advising Hold has been placed on your GET account for Winter 2015 Quarter IF YOU HAVE NOT YET FINISHED WITH THE CALCULUS/PHYSICS REQUIREMENT. (YOU CAN CHECK YOUR HOLDS SCREEN IN GET IF YOU ARE NOT SURE) In order to have this hold removed you must schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor by contacting the ECST Advising Center at (323) 343-4574 or you may visit our office in E&T Bldg. A-127. The EAC is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. Once you meet with your advisor, the hold will be removed.
- Extended Hours: The EAC will be open 9am – 8pm beginning Monday, October 20 – Thursday, October23. Only students who meet the Priority Registration eligibility (see below for eligibility) will be able to schedule an appointment with an advisor during these extended hours.
- Financial Aid: If you are receiving Financial Aid for Winter 2015, please make sure that you have enough aid to cover tuition. Otherwise, you may have to pay out of pocket if your financial aid does not cover full tuition. If you are not receiving Financial Aid you must pay your Winter 2015 Fees beginning October 22, 2014. If you are paying out of pocket and your fees are not paid by the first registration appointment (this includes priority registration), you WILL NOT be able to add classes. If you receive financial aid, you will be able to use priority registration provided that your award covers your tuition.
MESA ENGINEERING PROGRAM
- MEP Participation: The University grants priority registration for ECST students through the MESA Engineering Program (MEP). The MEP deadline to apply for the 2014-2015 academic year is Friday, November 14, 2014. MESA requires the application to be completed each academic year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for students who apply after the November 14, 2014 deadline.
- Priority Registration – Winter 2015 Priority Registration will take place on Monday, October 27, 2014 from 6:00am – 11:59pm through GET; available for eligible ECST students who applied to MEP by the deadline and who have applied with the requirements (see eligibility below).
- Priority Registration Eligibility
- Must have completed a MEP Application. (Deadline: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 for Priority Registration ONLY!)
- Must submit MEP Participation Agreement. (Deadline: Friday, November 14, 2014)
- Must attend a minimum of 2 to 3 personal or professional development workshops during Fall 2014. Click on the following link to register------> PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS WORKSHOP SERIES
- Must register for Eagle iJobs through the Career Development Center. Click on the following link to register------> EAGLE iJOBS REGISTRATION LINK
- Email Request – Go to the following link: WINTER 2015 PRIORITY REGISTRATION to request priority registration by Tuesday, October 14, 2014. (No Exceptions) and provide your last, first name, CIN, Major, and class standing.
- If you are receiving priority registration from another entity on campus (i.e. Honors College, Athletics, LSAMP, Veterans, Office of Students with Disabilities, etc.) DO NOT request priority registration through MEP.
PLEASE NOTE: Students must request priority registration each quarter. Being a part of MEP and having complied with all the requirements does not automatically add you to the priority registration list. You must request priority registration each quarter. If students do not comply with the requirements for priority registration they will not be added to the priority registration list even though they are a participant of MEP.
Please read this carefully and if you have any questions, contact the ECST Advising Center at 323-343-4574 and ask to speak to a staff advisor.
Applying for Graduation
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/08/2014 [Discuss]
- MS candidates who plan on graduating in Winter 2015 must apply during October 7-23.
- BS candidates who plan on graduating in Spring 2015 must apply October 7 - November 20. CS 496A students were sent an email regarding their appt time with the Undergrad Advisor.
- Please click the link for more information on the application process as well as fee requirement for the application. When you have paid your application fee, you must then see the CS Department.
New International Peer Support Program
Posted by Tricia Trejo 10/03/2014 [Discuss]
Sent on Behalf of the Office of Graduate Studies:
Dear Current Graduate Students,
We are excited to announce that we have a new volunteer opportunity for graduate students through the Office of Graduate Studies. We are starting an International Student Peer Support Program (ISPSP) that is designed to support incoming international students in their transition to the campus and local community by matching them with domestic or experienced international graduate students. This is an excellent opportunity to help new international graduate students acclimate to the campus and the greater Los Angeles community. This program is designed to foster positive peer relationships to enrich the social life of graduate students and promote retention. As a Graduate Student Ambassador, you will develop new relationships and exchange ideas with students from across the globe. You’ll also have a lot of fun participating in planned social and cultural exchange events on and off campus. This is a great networking opportunity and resume builder for graduate students of all disciplines as you become a global professional.
Please see the attached documents for the description and application! Thank you,
Sarah Sung, ISPSP Graduate AssistantTelephone: (323) 343 3829
Graduate Resource Center, LIB North A 124, California State University, Los Angeles
Tentative Winter 2015 and Spring 2015 Computer Science Schedule
Posted by Tricia Trejo 07/16/2014 [Discuss]
See attached. Updated 10/17/14
Supporting upper division students in their quest to graduate
Posted by Tricia Trejo 03/18/2014 [Discuss]
Please see attached brochure.